Urgent and Emergency Care Survey 2020
This survey looks at the experiences of adults who have received care from an emergency department or an Urgent Treatment Centre. The survey has been running since 2003.
Information on the 2020 survey is below, including survey instructions, reporting and results.
Information on this survey from other years can be found using the filter bar on the right of this page. You can contact the Survey Coordination Centre about the Urgent and Emergency Care Survey by email.
Design and Development
In this category, you will find documents relating to the design and development stage of the survey. This includes the survey development report detailing the full development process for the survey, ethical and information governance approvals.
In this category, you will find the survey materials. These include the dissent posters which should be displayed in each trust throughout the sampling month or period.View all Survey Materials available for this survey
Instructions and Guidance
In this category, you will find all the instruction and guidance materials needed by an NHS Trust or approved contractor to implement the survey. It also includes documents to help support NHS Trusts with the contractual arrangements for working with an approved contractor.
- Attribution instructions.pdf
- Attribution spreadsheet.xlsx
- Data Cleaning Guidance.pdf
- Data Entry Spreadsheet Type 1.xlsm
- Data Entry Spreadsheet Type 3.xlsm
- Sample construction spreadsheet 1.xlsx
- Sample construction spreadsheet 2.xlsx
- Sample declaration form for in-house trusts.xlsx
- Sample declaration form for trusts using a contractor.xlsx
- Sampling instructions.pdf
- Survey handbook.pdf
- Weekly monitoring for contractors_Type 1.xlsx
- Weekly monitoring for contractors_Type 3.xlsx
- Weekly monitoring for in-house trusts_Type 1.xlsx
- Weekly monitoring for in-house trusts_Type 3.xlsx
Analysis and Reporting
In this category, you will find reports and datasets that can help support any analysis you might want to do and help to explain the survey results more widely.
- Benchmark Data_Type 1.ods
- Benchmark Data_Type 3.ods
- National Tables_Type 1.ods
- National Tables_Type 3.ods
- Quality and Methodology Report.odt
- Sampling Errors Report.pdf
- Scored questionnaire Type 1.pdf
- Scored questionnaire Type 3.pdf
- Statistical release.odt
- Statistical release_ Appendix H.odt
- Technical document.odt
In this category, you will find benchmark reports for the survey.View all Benchmark Reports available for this survey