Maternity Survey 2019
This survey looks at the experiences of women across the maternity pathway. The survey has been running since 2007.
Information on the 2019 survey is below, including survey instructions, reporting and results.
Information on this survey from other years can be found using the filter bar on the right of this page. You can contact the Survey Coordination Centre about the Maternity Survey by email.
Design and Development
In this category, you will find documents relating to the design and development stage of the survey. This includes the survey development report detailing the full development process for the survey, ethical and information governance approvals.
In this category, you will find documents and materials relating to the survey. This includes the patient facing materials, such as the covering letters and questionnaire, and materials needed by NHS Trusts to meet the requirements of the survey’s ethical and information governance approvals.
- Briefing note for young mothers leaflet.pdf
- Core questionnaire.pdf
- Dissent poster Arabic.docx
- Dissent poster Bengali.docx
- Dissent poster English.docx
- Dissent poster French.docx
- Dissent poster Gujarati.docx
- Dissent poster Polish.docx
- Dissent poster Portuguese.docx
- Dissent poster Punjabi.docx
- Dissent poster Spanish.docx
- Dissent poster Urdu.docx
- First mailing letter.docx
- Multilanguage sheet.pdf
- Second mailing letter.docx
- Third mailing letter.docx
- Young mothers leaflet.docx
Instructions and Guidance
In this category, you will find all the instruction and guidance materials needed by an NHS Trust or approved contractor to implement the survey. It also includes documents to help support NHS Trusts with the contractual arrangements for working with an approved contractor
- Attributing antenatal and postnatal care guidance.pdf
- Attribution data spreadsheet.xlsx
- Data cleaning guidance.pdf
- Data entry spreadsheet.xlsx
- Data protection declaration part 1.docx
- Data protection declaration part 2.docx
- Final data checklist.docx
- Sample construction spreadsheet.xlsx
- Sample data checklist for In-house trusts.xlsx
- Sample data checklist for contractors.xlsx
- Sample declaration form for In-house.xlsx
- Sample declaration form for trusts using a contractor.xlsx
- Sampling instructions.pdf
- Survey handbook.pdf
- Webinar for trust_slides.pptx
- Weekly monitoring for In-house trusts.xlsx
- Weekly monitoring for contractors.xlsx
Analysis and Reporting
In this category, you will find reports and datasets that can help support any analysis you might want to do and help to explain the survey results more widely.