Children and Young People's Patient Experience Survey 2016
This survey looks at the experiences of children and young people under the age of 16 when they have attended NHS hospitals for treatment as an inpatient or day case patient. The survey also looks at the experiences of their parents and carers.
Information on this survey from other years can be found using the filter bar on the right of this page. You can contact the Survey Coordination Centre about the CYP survey by email.
Design and Development
In this category, you will find documents relating to the design and development stage of the survey. This includes the survey development report detailing the full development process for the survey, ethical and information governance approvals.
In this category, you will find the survey materials. These include the dissent posters which should be displayed in each trust throughout the sampling month or period.
Instructions and Guidance
In this category, you will find all the instruction and guidance materials needed by an NHS Trust or approved contractor to implement the survey. It also includes documents to help support NHS Trusts with the contractual arrangements for working with an approved contractor.
- Data cleaning guidance.pdf
- Data entry spreadsheet 0-7.xlsx
- Data entry spreadsheet 08-11.xlsx
- Data entry spreadsheet 12-15.xlsx
- Sample construction spreadsheet 1.xlsx
- Sample construction spreadsheet 2.xlsx
- Sample declaration form for In-house.xlsx
- Sample declaration form for trusts using a contractor.xlsx
- Survey guidance manual for in-house.pdf
- Survey guidance manual for trusts using contractor.pdf
- Webinar for trusts_slides.pdf
- Weekly monitoring for contractors.xlsx
- Weekly monitoring for in-house.xlsx
Analysis and Reporting
In this category, you will find reports and datasets that can help support any analysis you might want to do and help to explain the survey results more widely.
In this category, you will find benchmark reports for the survey.View all Benchmark Reports available for this survey