Adult Inpatient Survey 2008
This survey looks at the experiences of adults that have been an inpatient at an NHS hospital. The survey has been running since 2002 and is published annually.
Information on this survey from other years can be found using the filter bar on the right of this page. You can contact the Survey Coordination Centre about the Adult Inpatient Survey by email.
Design and Development
In this category, you will find documents relating to the design and development stage of the survey. This includes the survey development report detailing the full development process for the survey, ethical and information governance approvals.
In this category, you will find the survey materials. These include the dissent posters which should be displayed in each trust throughout the sampling month or period.
Instructions and Guidance
In this category, you will find all the instruction and guidance materials needed by an NHS Trust or approved contractor to implement the survey. It also includes documents to help support NHS Trusts with the contractual arrangements for working with an approved contractor.
- Data cleaning guidance.pdf
- Data entry spreadsheet.xls
- Data protection declaration for trust part 1.doc
- Data protection declaration for trust part 2.doc
- Final data checklist.doc
- Model service contract.doc
- Sample construction spreadsheet.xls
- Sampling handbook.pdf
- Service contract briefing note.dot
- Service contract guidance.doc
- Survey guidance manual.pdf
- Weekly monitoring spreadsheet for contractors.xls
- Weekly monitoring spreadsheet for in-house trusts.xls
Analysis and Reporting
In this category, you will find reports and datasets that can help support any analysis you might want to do and help to explain the survey results more widely.
In this category, you will find benchmark reports for the survey. If you experience any problems downloading the report(s) you need, please email Patient.Survey@cqc.org.uk and we can send you a copy directly.View all Benchmark Reports available for this survey